Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's late, I can't sleep, my throat is still swollen from my tonsillectomy and within 20 mins I'm hoping my medication will kick in and knock me out for a few. Here is to hope!
It's been sometime since my last entry. Better late than never. Here it goes.
I'm irritable, withdrawn and overall stressed lately. I
really need to work on these emotions in a timely manner. Time is my enemy. All in a matter of weeks I will be visiting my in-laws for Thanksgiving/Christmas/farewell to Nate. Then it's back home to pack and prepare Nate for his 6 month deployment, throw Liam his 4th Birthday party and drive our bottoms (safely) across the US to MA. There we will spend 6 weeks with my family. Now of course I could stay right here and brave out the entire deployment alone, but I'm a wimp. I'll openly admit it. Whenever I try to way out the pros and cons of this long 36 hour drive with my babies I have to remind myself I am going for the right reasons.
The number 1 reason being my Nana. The woman I love and look up to. The woman who stood by my moms side and helped raise my siblings and I. Lymphoma is trying to take her life and I will not live with myself if choose to not take this trip. I deserve this time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment